Although first discovered by the explorer Ernesto de Santa Cruz in the early 20th century, this waterfall is not yet known to the world. It was actually discovered in 1933, by an American pilot, James Crawford Angel, on a search flight for the bottom of the ore.
1936 , he turned and landed at the top of the falls. This waterfall was named after Angel Falls. Interestingly, the Aboriginal people named the falls as “Auyan-tepui” or “Aiyan-tepui”, meaning “The mouth of the devil.”
Watching the great sunshine: